Wednesday, 20 February 2013
Sunday, 16 December 2012
Malware detection goggles.
2012 is at its end … So what were the internet users doing on the net? Asking few users, they said it was the year of download(s) … and what were they downloading? MALWARES JJJ So it was the year of malwares! Now what’s next? Hey next is 2013 and do you want it to the year of malwares? All will say no, except some greedy folks whom build these malwares. But another question is that what can be done to stop 2013 from becoming the year of the malwares? Here are some points that I think we should follow to stop 2013 from becoming the year of the malwares:-
- Link Watch: The weakest link in the security chain is often cited as humans. Social engineers try to gain access to your details using some common tricks. Be on lookout for these easy-to-spot signatures of such tricks, and you will not be bothered by malware.
- URL: Whenever you enter your details, or download something, be sure to check the URL, specifically spot where the “.com” is located. For example, a URL such as www.aseaspot.blogspot.com=post1.com/post1 ... is actually a page hosted on [com=post1.com] and not on www.blogspot.com . Such a site could ask you to download a plug in to view a video/image/flash content etc, and inject a malware in that plug in. Also, these days you are logging in check the (https://) part whether it is https:// (Here in https://‘s’ stands for secured) or not, it is not safe to log in.
- Money: This was the most common email/sms scam of 2012. It will seem that you have suddenly won a fortune, on account of an inheritance it goes a lottery win, help to transfer funds etc. and on the name of trusted companies like Nokia, Pepsi, LG etc. for e.g. – It will say you have won 300,000 pounds in “Nokia yearly lottery.”) If you are being offered money for no proper season, report the mail as spam & ignore it the very moment you received/read it. It is really very much odd; winning a lottery you did not enter is really inhuman. There is no one who gives you money for no cause. Earn easy money.
- Charity: This kind of scam happens usually through Ads. You will see ads that are showing poor kids and will ask money for there welfare or will say that A person earns 1000$ per day for (or anything) and will say you can also earn. Cheque or donation can be asked for (even account details) in the name of Charity or for becoming member of these. If you want to donate, donate directly using known official channels. Also again & again I say that there is no body giving you easy money without any cause.
- Search Term Listing: These sites show up high on the ranking for almost any search term, and are just a bunch of pages that link from one listing to another, without directing you to a useful place.
So get ready to wear the malware detection specs use your common sense and follow these 5 points and you will not be bothered by any malware.
Wait…. do I left something, in case please tell through your comments … I will be waiting for your comments …
How to hack Gmail Account?
If you are wondering why am I writing this … The reason is my Gmail was hacked on 30th November 2012. So I searched the ways to counter hack my Gmail Account and the first method I got was the most common method used by hackers: Phishing.
Phishing is a technique in which we build a page, a fake Gmail like looking page and host it with a domain name similar to that of Gmail (www.gmail.com). You can any name like (www.gmale.com , www.gmial.com , www.gmael.com etc.) its up to you … and then set a mechanism that saves the Email address and the Password entered in your face Gmail page(s) ( To learn this in detail click here ). But the main problem with Phishing is that it can’t be used to hack your already hacked Gmail Account (So it was no Donut for me L). Next method that I came to know was Keylogger.
Keylogging is a method that is defined by its name– Key (A key of keyboard) and logging (keeping it as a log). In Keylogging you have to set up a Keylogger (it is a software, not actually can be said a program) that will log (save) the keys that the person with the Gmail will hit while entering his/her password. But again it was useless for me L… As the keylogger can be set in a computer and can only log the keys hit in that very computer only. And then I found a method which was for me. It was by using Gmail hacking software.
Just download the software and run it and type the email address you want to hack and then all you have to do is to wait till the software finds the password of the email address ( I don’t know how it does). But it also has a problem, there are plenty of Gmail hacking softwares and we don’t know the trusted one and most of them are malwares. So I thought not to try this. Now you’ll be wondering how I got my Gmail back. I didn’t do anything, my Gmail was hacked by one of my friends and when I asked him the reason, he said, “I saw your Gmail Account in a Café and it was not logged out, so I changed its password and logged it out” I don’t know whether he is saying the truth or not, but who cares I got my Gmail backJ. In the search for the method to hack a Gmail Account, the most lucrative option I got was Gmail Hacking software but it is also unsafeL My search is Still not over … If you know a better method please tell me through the comments section. I’ll be waiting for your comments…..